Have you ever been ashamed of your struggle with mental health?
We all have experienced the challenges and stressors of the past year and half, but the fear of being vulnerable about how those have affected us can cause even more damage.
That’s why I’m so excited to share our latest conversation with Ryan Casey Waller. Ryan is a pastor, lawyer, and psychotherapist, and the author of Depression, Anxiety, and Other Things We Don’t Want to Talk About. We had a powerful conversation about what it looks like to be honest when it comes to things like depression, anxiety, and other mental health struggles.
In this newest episode we cover specific topics like…
• Why it can be so difficult to be vulnerable about our own challenges.
• How biology, psychology, and spirituality are all connected.
• Why mental health issues aren’t a symptom of spiritual failing or a lack of faith.
• When should you see a therapist?
• The difference between pastoral counseling and professional therapy.
I hope that this episode will challenge and encourage you as we all seek to have a deeper, more vulnerable connection with God and each other.